Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Shameless Self-Promoting

Unfortunately, my job that I was counting on for over winter break fell through, so I had to be creative to come up with a way to make money.  I remembered that my mom used to make Barbie clothes when she was a preteen and teenager.  So, if she can do it ... I can do it too ... right?

That was the dreamer in me talking!  Sewing doll clothes is so much easier said than done.  I mean, you have to cut everything out exactly.  Then, you have to sew itty-bitty seams as straight as you can.  It seems like every time you actually get sewing, something goes wrong.  The thread will get caught, but then it will get caught in another place.  And then you'll go two teeny-tiny stitches in before your bobbin runs out.

Anyways, so I had some frustrating moments ... and my mom was probably the pickiest quality control ever.  But I love her, and I'm eternally grateful.  I need someone to keep me on my toes!  Towards the end, I decided that I really did like sewing ... and I like it even more now that I'm starting to sell some stuff.

In a couple weeks,  I sewed  dresses, pajamas, jeans, shorts, jeans, scarves, lace headbands, gym shorts and skirts.  Mom has continued to sew new clothes, and our Etsy shop is growing!  Right now we have a lot of adorable Valentine's Day outfits! Here's some of my

Here's some of my favorite things that I made :)


My first outfits!  The coral is sold out already, 
but I think the green and pink one is my favorite. :)


Lucky for me, this model 
accepts payment in free doll clothes!


This was the last thing that I made 
before I had to go back to school ... 
I think it's my favorite!

So that's a little bit about how I spent my winter break!  I would love it if you could check out some of the stuff that I'm selling and spread the word.  

Here's my Etsy shop:



If you are local, you can check out my Craigslist's ad here . The clothes are cheaper if you buy them through Craigslist because we won't have to pay for shipping or other fees (shipping is included in the Etsy prices).

Alright, so I'm done repping myself ... I have to stop before everyone starts to hate me!

Much love,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment