Monday, March 3, 2014

the most wonderful and dastardly dreadful productivity thing ever

Okay, so I my already busy life has been complicated lately by a little something called the Internet.  I swear,  I could spend hours on it.  It's becoming the milk to my cookie, the cheese to my cracker, the olive to my oil ... you get the picture.  We spend a lot of time together.  But, now all of that is going to change!

What's that you say?
How could this be?
I'm glad you asked ....

I present to you Stay Focusd!


This is a chrome plug-in/extension* thing that only allows you to spend a certain amount of time on whatever time sucking websites you use.  Unfortunately, this only works if you use Google's Chrome browser.  But you should download it and use it because it is awesome :)  Plus you can download AdBlock and get rid of those stupid ads on your Facebook ... not that that really matters anymore because I won't be spending much time on Facebook.

It's super easy, and you can only find it in the Chrome web store ... all you have to do is click the little +Free button and you're in.  Now, you have to add your  list of websites in the box.  Goodbye facebook, etsy, and pinterest ... I love you all.


I increased my time from the standard 15 to 30 minutes.


And of course they guilt trip you about increasing your time :)


THINK OF THE KITTENS!


But when you do reach your time limit, at least they're nice about it ...



Bam!  So that's all there is to it.  Lent is starting tomorrow ... and if you happen to be limiting or giving up Facebook, I would recommend this to you!  Especially if you don't trust yourself :)

Good luck!
Amanda 

*sorry, I'm not tech-y enough to know the difference
**StayFocusd is not giving me compensation in return for saying nice things about them, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment