Monday, January 27, 2014

Brumal Temperatures

Brumal: of or relating to winter; wintry.

So I wanted to do a post chronicling my day as a music major.  But today was a really bad day to do it because two of my classes were canceled because we got snow overnight ... and I randomly worked for two hours. It was just a weird day.

But yeah, it's kind of cold out.  9* actually.  Yeah, you read that right.

Not 39. 
Not 29. 
Not even 19.  
Just 9.  

That's Fahrenheit, my friends ... 9*!


This morning I was running late* and I thought to myself It's not really that cold out, I don't need to find my hat.  Lies!  It was cold.  Then, class turned out to be canceled.  But it's okay because I needed to practice piano before my lesson ... which I hadn't practiced as much as I should have.

See, this is the problem with being an optimist.  You're never prepared for anything.

It can't rain when we're taking prom pictures.  
I can wear white pants ... I'll just be extra careful where I sit.
My professor wouldn't dare give us a pop quiz the second day of class.
I'll just study extra tomorrow morning before class, maybe put my textbook under my pillow.
Sure, memorizing 10 guitar songs a week before the final is completely possible.
-__-

I rest my case.  In my defense, I usually know how much I can get away with.  My secret?  It's all about working smarter, not harder.  And calculating the lowest grade you need on your final to get the letter grade that you want.  :)

But I guess I can be okay with the cold ... because there's a campus-wide 2 hour delay tomorrow because the temperature is supposed to drop even more.



Rant over.

Huddling for warmth,
Amanda

*This is a normal occurrence ... so really, I guess I shouldn't have been surprise

Ps: I know I sound really whiny, but I would just like to say that I think it's justified a little bit because right now in Alaska it's so much warmer!



No comments:

Post a Comment