Thursday, January 23, 2014

Let's do this!

I can't believe that I'm into my second semester of college!  The first semester had some really good moments and really bad moments.  I definitely learned a lot about myself.

 I cried when I observed my first music therapy session.

I laughed until I cried with new friends.

I cried until I laughed because I missed silly things, like a bedroom with color on the walls, and the silly arguments my little sisters get into.

I purchased what I fondly call my "old man" shoes for my new job in the school cafeteria.

I had brief mental breakdown when I was practicing for my guitar final. Don't worry, it was fixed by a pep talk from my boyfriend!

I learned that I'm not the only one that feels inadequate in the music program.

I was surprised when I nailed the hard part in my piano piece for juries ... and I didn't do so hot on the only part I was confident with.  Oops :/

I learned that a long distance relationship just makes the little time spent together so much more important.

Most of all, I realized how supporting and caring my family and friends are.  It was so good to see everyone over break!

And now, I'm looking forward to my second semester.  This semester I have friends!  I have a class about the paperwork/documenting side of music therapy with the sophomores, and even though it's completely overwhelming, I love that I am getting to know other music therapy majors.  My class is getting closer, too.  In addition to the standard music classes and piano lessons, I also have a music therapy skills class.  Last semester I had an online music therapy class where I read about it, but in this class I will actually be learning the different techniques.  I can't believe that next semester I will be helping to lead sessions with clients!  I can't see it now, but this class is going to help bridge the gap in my understanding.

That said, I need to get on my homework!  This semester, all of my classes start at 8 and 8:30 and I've been trying to adjust my sleep schedule.  This morning I discovered that I don't mind drinking coffee black ... or maybe I was just too tired to notice I didn't put anything in it until after I was done!

Here's to another semester!
Much love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment